Wednesday, August 20

I saw this meme on Baba's blog and wanted to give it a try. She called it a "Monday Meme" but this is my blog and I'm doing it on Wednesday. Here's my answers.

What kind of soap is in your bathtub right now?
A bottle of Dove liquid soap.

Do you have any watermelon in your refrigerator?
No.

What would you change about your living room?
One of my chairs needs to be reupholstered because it has faded due to the sun shining in on the fabric.

Are the dishes in your dishwasher clean or dirty?
They are in the cleaning cycle.

What is in your fridge?
Milk, V8 Fusion, eggs, lunch meat, cheese, cokes, wine, lettuce, fresh tomatoes, salsa, variety of pickles and condiments.

White or wheat bread?
I prefer white but I also buy wheat and other multi grain breads.

What is on top of your refrigerator?
A wine rack and a casserole server.

What color or design is on your shower curtain?
I only have a shower curtain on my guest bath and it is a cream waffle design with embroidered flowers made out of ribbon.

How many plants are in your home?
There are 2 live plants inside my home. I don't know the name of one, but the other is a very old spider plant. I plan to do a post about this plant very soon.

Is your bed made right now?
Yes.

Comet or Soft Scrub?
Both.

Is your closet organized?
Are you kidding...no way. I've been working on my closet a little at a time. It's getting there. The other closets are not in too bad of a shape but still need straighting.

Can you describe your flashlight?
There are several flashlights around the house in all sizes and colors. I also have one that doesn't use batteries. You just shake it for 15 seconds and it comes on.

Do you drink out of glass or plastic most of the time at home?
I don't care for plastic glasses. I use glass.

Do you have iced tea made in a pitcher right now?
No. I need to make a pitcher this afternoon. I always keep fresh brewed ice tea.

If you have a garage, is it cluttered?
Oh my...yes. I am able to get my car in the garage and the other half is cluttered with lawn mowers, tools and exercise equipment.

Curtains or blinds?
I have curtains and blinds on my kitchen and master bedroom windows, blinds on all other windows except the living room and dining room. These two rooms are bare by design.

How many pillows do you sleep with?
I like sleeping on two pillows. Several years ago while staying at a high end hotel, I was impressed with their pillows. I took the case off to investigate the brand. They were Pacific Coast. I recently invested in two for my use. They are wonderful pillows. I got the ones called down all around. They are feather pillows surrounded by down.

Do you sleep with any lights on at night?
I like my bedroom dark, so the lights are off. There are nightlights in the hall.

How often do you vacuum?
Usually only once a week. The two of us don't dirty the carpets that much. I do swifter the hardwoods more often.

Standard toothbrush or electric?
I use a plain ole toothbrush.

What color is your toothbrush?
You are not going to believe this....I don't know. I would have to go look.

Do you have a welcome mat on your front porch?
I don't have a front porch; therefore, I don't have a welcome mat.

What is in your oven right now?
Nothing.

Is there anything under your bed?
I keep a baseball bat under the bed. Don't laugh, I feel safer knowing it's there.

Chore you hate doing the most?
Unloading the dishwasher. I have actually timed this task and it can be done in less than 3 minutes, but I still hate doing it.

What retro items are in your home?
None, but I do have a few antiques.

Do you have a separate room that you use as an office?
No, my computer is in my bedroom.

How many mirrors are in your home?
Seven. Three with the bedroom dressers, 2 in the bathrooms, a lovely mirror in my foyer and a mirror on a wall hanging my son made me in shop when he was in junior high school.

Do you have any hidden emergency money around your home?
I have always kept money in the "sock drawer". It's not really in my sock drawer, that's just what I call it.

What color are your walls?
My kitchen is yellow, the guest bath is blue and the rest of the house is a shade of white. I really need to paint.

Do you keep any kind of protection weapons in your home?
Yes, my baseball bat under the bed! Hubby has several guns.

What does your home smell like right now?
I can only smell the light scent from the dishwasher detergent right now.

Favorite candle scent?
Apples and cinnamon.

What kind of pickles (if any) are in your refrigerator right now?
Bread & Butter, sweet and dill.

What color is your favorite Bible?
My bible is purple.

Ever been on your roof?
No and I don't have any plans for trying it.

Do you own a stereo?
No

How many TVs do you have?
I have 3 hooked up and 3 more collecting dust.

How many house phones?
Five. One in the great room, 2 in one bedroom, 1 in another bedroom and 1 in the garage. We both have cell phones too.

Do you have a housekeeper?
Not any more. When I worked I had a lady come in and clean every other week.

What style do you decorate in?
It is probably called traditional.

Do you like solid colors in furniture or prints?
I have both. My great room furniture is solid and my living room sofa and one chair have a pattern.

Is there a smoke detector in your home?
Y
es.

In case of fire, what are the items in your house which you’d grab if you only could make one quick trip?
My photos and probably my laptop since I have many photos stored here.




4 comments:

Tina Coruth said...

Wow - Linda, this is a comprehensive list! Very interesting!

Thank you for your kind comment on my dragonfly skywatch. :-)

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Well that was a lot of information for sure!! I have not done a meme in a long time now!! Humm..wonder why..Oh well. Rainy day here with Fay coming through. Makes me have a headache...weather change and a front always does that to me. Sandy

Talk..to..Grams said...

Your blog is so pretty! I love the flowers! Good meme too! Love and hugs, Grams

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Linda,

I enjoyed your meme answers. I wouldn't want to tell what's under my bed! That reminds me, time to vaccum under there! lol.

Have a great evening.

Hugs,

Renie