Friday, July 20

Stress Test and My Daughter

In order for me to be at my cardiologist at 8:30 a.m. I had to get up at 6:00 a.m. so I could try to wake up. I'm not a morning person and not having my coffee it made it worse trying to wake up and get moving. I was told I could not have anything to drink or eat after midnight. I managed to leave the house about 7:30 a.m. Shortly after getting on the Interstate my daughter called to see how I was doing and to let me know she was on her way to her OB appointment. We talked all the way to both of our appointments.

Her ultrasound showed she is at 9 weeks and there is only one baby {thank you God}and the baby's heartbeat is strong. As we suspected, she was extremely dehydrated so the doctor admitted her to the hospital so she could get fluids into her body intravenously. All beds on the OB floor were taken, so she was put on another floor. She sat in her room for five hours before a nurse came in and finally brought her some water. That's when we hung up. I'm hoping by now they have started the IV. She was told she could go home tomorrow after receiving fluids. She is so afraid they will want her to take the IV with her. This makes it even more difficult on her. I told her God never gives us more than we can handle. Her father is going down for the weekend to help out with the kids. I plan to go week after next.

My stress went well (that is after they inserted the needle...ouch) and it didn't show any blockage Yippee. My blood pressure was 140/100 when I got on the treadmill. My doctor said I must have been scared. I was able to walk for 5 minutes at a pretty fast rate. Boy I'm out of shape. He told me to work on reducing my stress and he wanted to see me again in four weeks. I thought, reduce my stress ...sure!!! It was after 3:00 p.m. before I got out of this office. I am pooped!!! I sent hubby out to pick up some dinner from Applebee's. I'm sure after I eat I will probably crash. I'll visit everyone tomorrow.


Susie said...

Glad your stress test went well :)
I don't recall reading that your daughter was pregnant. Glad all is going OK with that as well.
Have a great (and restful) weekend..

Amazing Gracie said...

I'm so glad that went well!!!! Half of the stress is waiting on the tests!
Notice anything strange? They put your daughter in a room without water for five hours for dehydration??? Oh boy... said...

Whoa, 5 hours with out water!! Poor Nicole!
I have been praying for you and her! Thanks for keeping us up dated on her health and yours, too!!
Thanks for visiting my blog and your kind words this morning I just read them!!!

It's a FLIP-FLOP World said...

Well, I think that you had enough stress just getting to your appt. You were worried about your daughter. That would do it for me plus knowing that you were going to have a test too!! DUH!! I would have told the doctor that!! Course being a man he probably would not have got it!! Just take it easy today. We are all out of shape. I go to Curves 3 times a week but I bet it would be hard for me to walk on a tread mill like that. Sandy

Renee's Ramblings said...

I am so glad that your test came out so well! I hope both you and your dtr are feeling better!

Jon said...

I know how relieved you are to get good results from your stress test. Enjoyed visiting your neat blog. Best regards, Jon on 7-22-07

Skittles said...

I'm so glad your test went well! And congrats on the grandma news! I hope your daughter is ok soon.