Thursday, February 14

Family Watchdog


I received this in an email today and find it important enough to post it here on my blog. Just click on Family Watchdog above. When you visit this site you can enter your address and a map will pop up with your house as a small icon of a house. There will be red, blue and green dots surrounding your entire neighborhood. When you click on these dots a picture of a criminal will appear with his or her home address and the description of the crime he or she has committed.

The best thing is that you can show your children these pictures and see how close these people live to your home or school. This site was developed by John Walsh from Americas Most Wanted. This is another tool we can use to help us keep our kids safe


6 comments:

Theresa said...

I have seen this before, it is a great site, all parents should be aware of this one, good job posting this.

Hope said...

Hi Linda,
I hadn't seen this site with a map but I have been on the State Police site that tells addresses of offenders. There is a child offender on my street but much further out. This is a very small town but there are several in our surrounding area. I stay on top of things like this since my grandkids are here with me a lot.

Thank you for sharing this with everybody. Most people aren't aware especially in larger cities and neighborhoods.

I hope Carson is still doing well.

Hugs,
Hope

Gabriel said...

The Friday's Feast website is still down.

Wanna play my set? It's here.

Happy FF!

Betty said...

Linda, I have an award for you on my posting for today, Feb. 15th, just in case you don't get back here today, lol.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Anndi said...

First time visit from Sanni's... Lovely blog!

Thanks for sharing that site!

Barb said...

I've been to the sex offender site and it shows that, too. It's scary how close some of those people are!