Friday, March 13

An article on the front page of today's newspaper made me think once again, "Only in WV". Before I tell you about this story I want to make it very clear I am not making light of this man's death.

The headlines read "Man Put to Rest in His '67 Chevy Truck". This 50 year old man was shot and killed in a domestic dispute in February.

According to his son, his father always said he wanted to be buried in his truck. To honor his father he arranged for him to be buried in his truck wearing camouflage, and accompanied with his favorite Old Timer pocketknife and a Remington .243-caliber deer rifle. The burial site is on the deceased property. In order to meet certain regulations involving environmental issues some modifications had to be made of the truck, the engine, transmission, fluids and tires needed to be removed and the gun had no shells.

The son commented, "We gave him a truck with no tires. We gave him a gun with no shells," He'll be s-t out of luck."

You can read the full story and see a picture of the truck in the grave here .


6 comments:

Shirley said...

Wow, Linda, you are so right! Only in WV! Thanks for sharing that story, as I don't get the newspaper and that was interesting.

SmilingSally said...

I'm glad you put the link in because I checked. I simply could not believe it! Amazing.

Linda said...

Sally, I hope you don't think I would make something like this up. That's another reason for the link.

Unknown said...

ha ha ha...now this is funny. People can do some of the most strangest things....and I think this one covers them all.

Suzy said...

Yes, I think you're right, Linda... Only in W.V. !!!

Renie Burghardt said...

Ha! Guess he got his wish!

Hugs,

Renie