Saturday, September 27

Nights in Rodanthe

Good evening blogging buddies. Hope you are having a great weekend.

I went to see Nights in Rodanthe this afternoon and thought I would give you my review. Bottom line is go see this movie.

The last thing I want to do is to reveal too much about this charming movie. The movie is about two unhappy people who meet at an Inn at the Outer Banks, NC. Adriene/Diane Lane is trying to sort out her feelings about her unhappy marriage and her teenage daughter who resents everything she does. Dr. Paul Flanner/Richard Gere is the only guest at the Inn and he is trying to work through his own crisis. A major storm hits the Outer Banks and they turn to each other for comfort.

I had not read the book, so I was very surprised with the ending. Be sure to take enough tissues because you will need them at the end. If you have seen this movie, tell me whether you liked it or not.


8 comments:

Mike Golch said...

I'll wait until I can get it on video.Going out to movies does not apeal to me any more.

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Linda,

Oh, I love Richard Gere and Diane Lane. Sounds like I would love this movie. The problem is our nearest movie theater is 50 miles away. I may have to wait until it comes out on video. We'll see. Maybe we'll make an effort next week to see it. I know I would enjoy it, but I do hope it has a happy ending!

Got to get ready for church followed by our Sunday lunch. Have a wonderful day!

Hugs,

Renie

Nonnas News said...

I definitely want to see this! Thanks for sharing a little about it with us!

Enjoy your Sunday!

Baba said...

Hi Linda, this sounds like the kind of movie I would love to see with my girlfriends..Thanks for telling us about it...hugs, Baba

storyteller said...

Thanks for the review …
Hugs and blessings,

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

I figured that it was a good movie...I think I would like the book..maybe read it then order the movie when it comes out on DVD. mike would not go with me. He is not much into romance movies...Oh well. Glad you liked it. i knew it would be a good one...

Betty said...

I like anything with Richard Gere in it. I'll have to see this movie for sure.

Hope your week is going good so far.

Renee said...

I can't wait to see this movie! BTW - Happy Birthday month!!