1. Locust - They have arrived! Day and night I can hear their humming which brings back fond memories when I was a child. I can remember sitting in the kitchen with Mom and my sister and hearing the locust singing in the night. Back then we didn’t have air conditioning, so the back door was always open. Since many people are looking at the locust as a nuisance, I’m reflecting back on some wonderful memories.
2. Lawn landscape - Before I remembered that locust was going to be visiting this year I had planned on getting more scrubs and doing a little more landscaping. This will just have to wait until next year.
3. Laredo - I lived in Laredo in 1967-1968. Our apartment was under the landing and takeoff pattern of the military airplanes. It was very noisy. While sunbathing the pilots would wave their wings to say “hello”.
4. Laptop - I got a laptap the first of the year and have enjoyed it so much.
5. Latin American music is so good for exercise. I put a CD on and dance to get a good workout.
6. Laughter is the best medicine. Don’t you just love to laugh so hard you cry or pee your pants!!
7. Lawyer - When I was a young girl I thought I would like to be a lawyer. Of course, that was not a profession that had many women. My idol was Perry Mason.
8. Left Behind - I read the Left Behind series last year. If you haven’t read these books I would strongly recommend them.
9. Left handed - My BFF is left handed. That is Jill!
10. Legionnaires disease - I was in Philadelphia when the news of the legionnaires disease hit the news. We were staying in one of the downtown hotels and had to be their for two weeks because hubby was there on business. We moved out of that hotel and got one out at Mount Vernon and hubby drove into the city everyday. The kids were preschoolers at the time. I wanted to come home, but hubby told us we would be safe this far from the city.
11. Library - The library has become my best friend. I use to buy books, but now that I’m reading more, I now check books out from the library. This has opened up a whole myriad of authors for me to enjoy. Before, I would only choose a book by authors I was familiar with.
12. Locum tenens - When I was working, I was involved in trying to establish a locum tenens program for my State. Due to the medical malpractice issues this was very difficult to accomplish.
13. Lumberjack - The Lumberjack song is one of my favorites from Monty Python. Here is Eric Idle singing the Lumberjack Song.