Wednesday, January 9

Wordless Wednesday



In Other News

Yesterday I had an eye appointment. It had only been a year and a half since I had my eyes examined, but I have been seeing black spots from my left eye since Christmas Day. The doctor told me they were floaters and they would eventually go away or get better....it is just another sign of aging. My glaucoma test was high so he wanted to dilate my eyes, but didn't want to do so yesterday since I was by myself. He asked me to bring someone with me when I pick up my new glasses in two weeks and he would take a closer look with dilation. The good news was my eyes had not changed much since my last exam. Actually, they haven't changed very much for many years.

The last pair of glasses I bought was at one of these one hour places you see in every mall. When I bought them I was still wearing my contacts every day and only needed them in the evenings after removing my contacts. Since retiring, I rarely put my contacts in so I wanted to get a nicer pair of frames.

Don't you just hate trying to pick out a pair of frames? I do! The Optician picked out four pair of frames for me to try. He explained why I needed this particular style. He was right on the money! When faced with hundreds of frames, it was so good to select from only four. While talking to him I learned he trained under the "best", in my opinion, Optician in the area. It was the man who fitted me for glasses as a child and young adult. Learning this is probably why I feel so comfortable with the frames I selected.

I haven't been to the Y for a couple of days....same on me, so today I will go and spend a little extra time exercising. Yesterday the temperature reached 75 degrees and I had to keep reminding myself it was January. A cold front moved in last night, it's now in the 50's and we may get snow by the end of the week. It's no wonder why we get sick.



8 comments:

Linda said...

This picture was taken in 2005 from a cruise ship returning from South America. The weather was bad which is a factor for the poor quality.

Seeing a small island in the middle of the Atlantic is truly wordless.

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Man this little place was in the middle of the ATlantic? Wow!! I would not in a million years want to be living there!!
I told you that you had floaters...see I could have earned that money that you paid the doctor!! Smile!! I know because I have had them for many years now. You will get to the place where you will ignore them.
New frames are so hard to buy. I love the ones I have because they are just glass and it looks like I really do not have glasses on. You are fortunate that you can wear contacts. The doctor told me that I can't. boo hoo!! I hate glasses.
yes, you need to take some one with you when they dilate your eyes. I had mine done once and had to drive home by myself. It was horrible.
Sandy

Baba said...

Hi Linda, I hate to pick out eye glass frames..When I take off my glasses, then I can't see how new frames would look on me..I have to always get the worker to help me..I have floaters at times too...I drive myself when I have my eyes dilated, they give you dark glasses to wear on top of your own... or wear them alone.Thanks for your visit to my place today.
How do you make your comment above this comment box?? I have to learn much more about blogging..
Have a fun day. Baba

Renee said...

Glad everything went okay with the eye doc. Keepinging your dtr and all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

Baba said...

Thanks Linda for the tip on the comment page..I also passed this on to Sandy at Flip Flop Floozie, she wanted to know how to do this ... I will try it later..

Talk..to..Grams said...

Great shot! I got all my work done and now I am out catching up on all my friends blogs!! I am so hooked on this blogging! I felt like I was gone forever!! Praise God your eyes are going to be ok! Blessings, Grams

Nonnas News said...

You'll have to post a picture of yourself with your new glasses on! I hope your having a great week.

Lazy Daisy said...

Glad your eyes haven't changed much. Sounds like you have a great eye doctor. Take a picture of you with your new frames. Hope your year is going well.