Wednesday, January 16

The Daily Dose

A few days ago I received this great award from Renee'. Whenever I receive an award I'm curious about how and why it was developed. This award was developed by Xandra from Called According to His Purpose. In Xandra's words "its for blogs that I must read everyday without fail.....They make you laugh, cry, think and feel connected every time you read a post. They give you a thrill as you see them loading into your browser and you get an equally satisfying thrill when you see that they have commented on your blog".

All the blogs on my sidebar and several more give me this thrill! Whenever I received an award and am asked to share with my favorite bloggers, I 'm so afraid I will hurt someone's feelings if I don't include them. Therefore, I am going to share this with everyone on my sidebar and give honorable mention to the following:

I must include Renee' because we have become great buddies though blogging. Not only visiting through our blogs, there are the occasional personal emails to share thoughts we would not want to include in an open forum.

Another dear friend is Sandy who is gaining the title of "Curves Queen"! A couple days ago she signed up 5 new members simultaneously. Wow!! We have so much in common and if it wasn't for the physical distance between us, I know we would be best buddies out of this virtual world of blogging.

Right now Barb aka Baba and I share the anticipation of a new grandchild. Both of our daughters are due in February. The race is on to see which baby will arrive first. When they do arrive, our blogs will be filled with new pictures.

Now back to another request about this award. Xandra has asked everyone who receives this award to sign her linky so she can come visit with us. While I was at her site, I took a little time checking out a few blogs who have already received this award. It never ceases to amaze me all the wonderful women out there blogging.

Ladies, enjoy your award and I will continue to look forward to reading your next post!



4 comments:

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Thank YOU!! Thank YOU!! I am so happy that you thought of me. Thanks so much and yes I think we would be good friends. I have always thought that. Funny isn't it how you "feel" that special bond?
I am off to work so had better get going. Blessings, Sandy

Baba said...

Hi Linda,I can't believe the day is almost gone..We do have much in common and when we become new grandma's what a happy day to share..I have been busy all day going through old books and nursing papers and getting rid of clutter.I will take a stack of books to the library tomorrow to donate to them...
Thank you for giving me this sweet award of a daily dose..I will post about it tomorrow, after I am done with my cleaning chores that have been on my mind for a long time..You are my sweet treat to read everyday...Hugs, Baba

Nonnas News said...

Thanks so much for such a nice award! I've seen that on other peoples blogs, but didnt really know what it stood for until now. Im glad you researched it so we will know!
I'll post it to my blog!
Have a great week!

Renee said...

Linda, thanks so much! I am really glad we met. I can't wait till your grandbaby arrives...I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures!