Saturday, November 1

Catching Up



This was reaction yesterday when my doctor told me he wanted me to spend the night in the hospital. What I thought was a cold turned out to be an exasperation of my COPD. I have been having difficulty breathing, coughing and other cold symptoms. My oxygen levels are down. After taking a breathing treatment in my doctor's office my chest sounded better and I was breathing easier so he let me go home with antibiotics and a shot in my BEE HIND!!!


Battling my breathing all week took my mind off the minor surgery I had on Monday. I go back this coming Monday to have the bandage changed then I'll get the stitches out in another week. Right now all I want is to be able to take a deep breath and not get winded walking across the room.
I want to thank everyone for their kind comments and emails this week while I've been healing. It's going to take a few more days before I'm feeling back to normal, but at least now I can sit up and blog.

I hope everyone had a nice Halloween. This is a picture of one of my son's kittens. As you can tell she was getting into the spirit of the holiday!!


My son and his family came over to Trick or Treat on Thursday evening. I enjoy the little ones coming by for their treats, but this year I could only watch from the window. I was disappointed that I wasn't able to go out with my granddaughter. Didn't she look adorable!!!



My goal this weekend is to stop by and catch up on your lives!


13 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Linda,

Oh, I am sorry you've been having breathing problems this week. I hope you are feeling much better and breathing much easier.

Your granddaughter does look adorable, and I love the picture of the kitten.

Take really good care and have a good weekend.

Hugs and prayers,

Renie

Renee said...

I am so sorry you haven't been feeling well. Keep resting and get better soon! I'm praying for you.

Your granddaughter is adorable!

Cherdecor said...

You are really having a rough time of it! I am so sorry that you are now having a problem with breathing. This is not good. Please take good care of yourself. I am praying for you. . . like right now!

Your granddaughter is a cutie pie!

Gentle hugs,
Cheryl

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Hello..had my first B-12...but still feel lousy today..Church is soon though. Hopefully with your anti-biotics you will get to feeling better soon. I did not know that you also had COPD..no wonder you have been having problems..Take care and just rest, Linda...

Betty said...

Linda,

I didn't know you have COPD or if I had read that then I had forgotten it. However, I don't think I would forget something that serious. I am troubled to hear that. Glad you didn't have to spend a night in the hospital and pray that you will be better soon. I will continue to remember you in my prayers.

Baba said...

Hi Linda, it must be the change in the weather, because I have had some wheezing in the mornings and had to use my inhaler!!!My Asthma has not flared up in a few years....hope it stays calm....I hope your meds will work quickly and you will feel better soon..Your granddaughter is so cute in her costume...
Hugs, Baba

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda,
Sorry you haven't been feeling well and hope you have a good recovery. This is my first visit to your blog. I came because of a comment that Grams left on one of my posts, telling me that you are from WV, since I am also from WV. I, too, am a State government retiree. I live in the Charleston area. Please visit my blog. I am just learning to blog and have yet to learn how to put the pretty graphics on it. I really like your blog and hope that mine will improve with more experience. I really like the pretty fall photo you have at the top of your blog. It looks like it would be a nice road to take a walk down.

Glad I found you and I will be visiting often.

Shirley

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear of your breathing problems, hope you get well, take your time so you can get your strenght back up again.

Your Granddaugher sure looks cute in that outfit. I also like the kitten picture and the first funny cat picture too.

Nonnas News said...

Glad your feeling better and didnt have to stay in the hospital!! Ive been thinking about you!

storyteller said...

OMG is right!!! That must have been disturbing … but I’m relieved to know you got the help you needed and are on the mend. I hope you’re taking it easy today ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Lazy Daisy said...

So sorry to hear you have been sick. I've been with our new grandson and I'm so smitten. what a sweetheart Oz is. Gotcha all prayed up girlfriend. Feel better soon. Take care of yourself. Your grand daughter is beautiful.

Gill said...

Oh Linda, what a hard time you've been having! Hope you feel better soon {hugs}

Renie Burghardt said...

Dear Linda,

I just stopped by to say Hi, hope you feel much better by now!

Hugs and more prayers,

Renie