Monday, October 20

You Are a Bullmastiff



You are confident, reasonable, and very calm. Nothing shakes you up.

It's likely that you were a bit wild when you were younger, but you've gotten that out of your system.

The only time you get aggressive is when someone tries to threaten or harm you in some way.

There's a little bit of wolf underneath all that sheep's clothing!

What Breed of Dog Are You?

A Bullmastiff?? This is a breed I haven't heard of before, but we do have the same jowls! LOL

Photobucket

Yesterday I finished a book my librarian recommended, "Beachcomber" by Karen Robards. It's a "who done it" where you don't know the answer until the last chapter. I would recommend this book.
Christy Petrino hadn't planned on a vacation on Ocracoke Island, but then she learns her finance` and boss, suave Michael DePalma, is a "made man" and the Philadelphia law firm where she works is a front for the mob, she breaks her engagement and quits her job. But no one walks away from the DePalma family business so easily. Only if she delivers a locked briefcase to a motel on Ocracoke Island will she and her mother and sisters be free.

But, after clandestinely making her drop-off late at night, Christy suspects she is being followed on the moonlit beach and unwittingly runs into a new kind of terror. Now a witness at the center of a homicide investigation, Christy learns the police are hunting a serial killer they refer to as the "Beachcomber" because beautiful young women who in fact resemble her have disappeared recently while vacationing at nearby beach communities. Christy doesn't know whom to fear more, a serial killer who believes she might be able to identify him or the DePalma family, whose tentacles she can't seem to escape.


9 comments:

SmilingSally said...

I am also a: You Are a Bullmastiff

Renee said...

The books sounds great! Thanks for the recommendation. Have a great week!

Baba said...

Hi Linda, I am a boxer and I don't like boxer dogs...this book sounds like a good thriller..I will find out if it is at my library...I didn't realize that you and I retired in the same year... 2004...have a good day. hugs, Baba

Cherdecor said...

I did that doggie thing a few months ago. I think I was a German shepherd. I guess I watch over sheep! Ha! Ha!

I like your doggie. I don't think I have ever heard of that breed either. I love your humor!

storyteller said...

Ah … if memory serves, when I did this one I came out a Beagle though I was hoping to be a Labrador Retriever. I’ve seen the Bullmastiff at the Westminster Dog Show on television, but never in person.

You are good natured. You enjoy spending time with people and animals.

You have a wild, independent streak. If you're left to your own devices, you get in trouble.

You love to eat and enjoy food of all kinds. If you don't get enough physical activity, you tend to have a weight problem.

You are very stubborn. You don't like authority, and you tend to do your own thing no matter what.


Thanks for the book recommendation and have a lovely day.
Hugs and blessings,

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Linda,

I'll have to do the doggie quiz, too. Not familiar with the breed either.

Love your book review of Beachcomber. As soon as I find a little spare time, I plan to do some reading! My older son and granddaughter will be here from Ohio Wednesday through Saturday, so I will be happily busy this week.

Have a great evening.

Hugs,

Renie

Gill said...

I'm also a Bullmastiff and funnily enough I own 2 Bullmastiff cross breeds. They're lovely dogs, so we are in good company Linda LOL!

I've tagged you over on my blog :-)

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

I love to read too!! Thanks for stopping by yesterday. Today I put a link to the scrap blog from yesterday that I had publised. Sorry that it could not be bigged...go to this link if you have the time..Hope all is well with you, Linda.

Lazy Daisy said...

I was a lab retriever which made me happy as I have always wanted a Yellow lab named Towser.