Thursday, July 3

Today is brought to you by the letter


1. Nails - I’ve always had soft nails. There was a time when I had the artificial nails, but I found it to be pain to go in and get them filled every 3 weeks.

2. Nasty - When I see or think of something nasty I shiver. An example -- A girl that worked for me told me she started seeing someone on our floor. I found him to be (for lack of a better word) nasty. When she told me of their meeting I shivered.


3. Nearsighted - Being nearsighted, I read without my glasses, but if I’m wearing my contacts, I have to put on readers in order to see up close.


4. Neat - I wish I was a neater person. When the kids were at home their stuff was strung all over the house. I kept telling myself, when they are off on their own I can keep the house neat. Wouldn’t you know it, both of my kids are now very, very neat and I struggle to keep things picked up.


5. Necessary - It’s nice when I’m able to buy something that is not a necessity. I don’t do this often, but it does feel good.


6. Neck - I have a man’s neck. You heard me. I big, huge neck. I’ve never been able to wear a blouse with the top button buttoned. That was true when I weighed 115 lbs. I just have a big, short neck. Whenever I put on a regular t-shirt the first thing I do is stretch the neck because its too tight. I can't stand anything tight around my neck. Like I said, I have a BIG neck.


7. Neglect - That is what my house plants receive from me. I only have two live plants, a spider plant, and I don’t know the name of the other one. I use to have several live plants and they died one by one. The spider plant is a baby from the house warming plant I gave my son 20 years ago. My daughter took the baby and it grew into a huge plant. When she got a cat she asked me to take the plant. I've had it for 8 or 9 years.

8. Never again - Boy, how many times have I said “never again”. After failing at never again for many things, I now never say “never again”.
Did I just say never?

9. News - I get most of my news from Good Morning American, the ABC evening news, or the internet. I only glance at the newspaper and go straight for the Sudoku.

10. Nikon - How can I do an “N” list without saying again, I recently bought the Nikon d40. I'm still playing with it and haven't taken any pictures that are blog worthy.


11. Notebook - When I worked I kept a notebook on my desk to record all my telephone calls. Many times it would only be the persons name and 3 or 4 words about the subject of the call. But, when I had to follow up with this person, or mail something to them I would put a star in the margin. Whenever I completed what was necessary I would draw a circle around the star showing it was complete. It was a simple method of staying on top of things.


12. Nap - I'm unable to take a nap in the afternoon because of my sleeping disorders. If I would nap, I would be up all night.


13. Nest - Every spring our trees are filled with bird nests.

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Linda,

I enjoyed your letter N entries. The notebook idea is pretty good. I should try that myself. As for neatness, well, I'd better not talk about that! LOL.

Have a great evening.

Hugs,

Renie

Tina Coruth said...

What a fun post! The way you made your notebook entries is great. I can imagine that with a glance you got all the information you needed. That is wonderful organization. I had to smile when I read how you get your news. Good Morning America and the ABC World News are two of my favorites. I also like Hardball with Chris Matthews and This Week with George Stephanopolous. And then there is the Internet. I have allergies to newspapers so the TV and Internet keep me up on what's happening!
Have a great week! :-)