Thursday, July 3
1. Nails - I’ve always had soft nails. There was a time when I had the artificial nails, but I found it to be pain to go in and get them filled every 3 weeks.
2. Nasty - When I see or think of something nasty I shiver. An example -- A girl that worked for me told me she started seeing someone on our floor. I found him to be (for lack of a better word) nasty. When she told me of their meeting I shivered.
3. Nearsighted - Being nearsighted, I read without my glasses, but if I’m wearing my contacts, I have to put on readers in order to see up close.
4. Neat - I wish I was a neater person. When the kids were at home their stuff was strung all over the house. I kept telling myself, when they are off on their own I can keep the house neat. Wouldn’t you know it, both of my kids are now very, very neat and I struggle to keep things picked up.
5. Necessary - It’s nice when I’m able to buy something that is not a necessity. I don’t do this often, but it does feel good.
6. Neck - I have a man’s neck. You heard me. I big, huge neck. I’ve never been able to wear a blouse with the top button buttoned. That was true when I weighed 115 lbs. I just have a big, short neck. Whenever I put on a regular t-shirt the first thing I do is stretch the neck because its too tight. I can't stand anything tight around my neck. Like I said, I have a BIG neck.
7. Neglect - That is what my house plants receive from me. I only have two live plants, a spider plant, and I don’t know the name of the other one. I use to have several live plants and they died one by one. The spider plant is a baby from the house warming plant I gave my son 20 years ago. My daughter took the baby and it grew into a huge plant. When she got a cat she asked me to take the plant. I've had it for 8 or 9 years.
8. Never again - Boy, how many times have I said “never again”. After failing at never again for many things, I now never say “never again”. Did I just say never?
9. News - I get most of my news from Good Morning American, the ABC evening news, or the internet. I only glance at the newspaper and go straight for the Sudoku.
10. Nikon - How can I do an “N” list without saying again, I recently bought the Nikon d40. I'm still playing with it and haven't taken any pictures that are blog worthy.
11. Notebook - When I worked I kept a notebook on my desk to record all my telephone calls. Many times it would only be the persons name and 3 or 4 words about the subject of the call. But, when I had to follow up with this person, or mail something to them I would put a star in the margin. Whenever I completed what was necessary I would draw a circle around the star showing it was complete. It was a simple method of staying on top of things.
12. Nap - I'm unable to take a nap in the afternoon because of my sleeping disorders. If I would nap, I would be up all night.
13. Nest - Every spring our trees are filled with bird nests.
Thanks for reading.