Sunday, July 6

I'm Ticked!!!


No, I don't have ticks, I'm just ticked off. Want to know why I'm ticked? My niece, Kim, had her traditional 4th of July cookout yesterday. Since her Dad's birthday is on the 5th we always celebrate on the 5th.

On my way to her house I was proud of myself that I remembered my new camera and even my cellphone. I'm always walking out of the house without my cellphone. I have even put a big sign on the garage door saying "Cell Phone" hoping that would be a trigger to remind me to pick up my phone.

Kim always has her granddaughter on the weekends, so I was excited about capturing more pictures of her. Reese will be three on the 24th of this month. Reese is my great great niece. I'm too young to be a great great anything. Right before we ate I pulled out my camera to take pictures of the wonderful food we were about to eat. I focused and pushed the little button. Nothing happened. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong. It is a new camera and it was possible I had something set wrong. I double checked everything, focused and hit the button again. Still the camera did not shoot. I looked at the message on the view window and it said "NO MEMORY CARD"! Oh, I was ticked. Then I remembered I had left the memory card in the card reader when I uploaded the pictures of the landscaping. I guess I'm going to have to add memory card to that sign on the garage door. {smile}

We had hamburgers cooked on a charcoal grill. I couldn't tell you when I had a hamburger cooked like this. I had forgotten how good the charcoal make the meat taste. The sides included potato salad, macaroni and cheese, fresh green beans and potatoes, birthday cake, cup cakes, cherry cheesecake, and brownies. Everything tasted so good.

After we ate Kim showed us some Photo Storybook slides she had made of Reese. It's hard to believe that just a year ago, Kim barely knew how to turn a computer on.

In order to share pictures of our 4th of July, you will just have to come back next year and hopefully I'll remember my camera and the memory card.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday.

6 comments:

Betty said...

Linda, I know how disappointed and mad at yourself you must have been when you discovered you could not take pictures. In spite of it, it seems you had a very good 4th of July celebration. Meat grilled on charcoal is the only way I liked grilled food. I don't care for the gas grill at all. All the food you had sounded so wonderful.

I haven't posted in a few days as we have kids and grandkids in from Ohio. They will be leaving tomorrow and hopefully I can get back to posting and visiting.

Susan said...

How frustrating. It sounds like you had a great time, however. Maybe someone else took pictures and could share them with you.

Hope you're having a great week.

Susan

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Linda,

Oh, dear! Maybe you were experiencing a senior moment? LOL. I have them all the time. :( Just kidding, of course, about you having them. But it sounds like you had a great time with delicious food, anyway. I love charcoal grilled food.

Now your mention of the memory card reader perked up my ears! I'll have to find out more about them. It may just be the solution to my current camera problems.

Have a great afternoon!

Renie

Anonymous said...

Hello from another West Virginian!

I step out the door and get in my truck to go somewhere and then I remember something I forgot so I go back in the house, back to the truck ~ opps ~ forgot something else ~ back in the house LOL. How aggravating it can be!

BTW, I don't know if you know it or not but there is a listing of all WV blogs at 304blogs.com

Hope you have a better week!

Tina Coruth said...

Linda, that is frustrating! You certainly gave it a good effort to remember everything. Sometimes I think I need to wear post-its to remind myself of all the things I forget.

What a great barbecue! Meat cooked on the grill is beyond compare. I'm glad you had a good time! :-)

Renee said...

I know just how you feel! Glad you had a great time anyway. Happy Belated 4th of July.