Today is brought to you by the letter
1. Kabobs - With summer in the air, its time to dust off the grill and cook some kabobs. My favorite is fillet, green peppers, onions and mushrooms. Yummy!!
2. Kanawha County - I was born in Kanawha County, WV and after 1st hubby’s tour in the air forces, we moved back and I lived there another 40 years.
3. Kangaroo - I think kangaroos are extremely interesting animals. In order for me to see them up close in their natural environment I’ll need to go Australia or New Guinea. That would be a great trip!!
4. Kerchief - Always thought this was a funny word. Why can’t it just be called a scarf.
5. Kindergarten - When my kids were little, Kindergarten was considered preschool. Now kids can start preschool when they are 3 years old. I think that is right. My grandchildren started when they were 4. Campbell, my grandson, graduated from preschool this year and will go to kindergarten this fall. Here's a few pictures celebrating his special day.
Here Campbell is showing off his achievement with his teacher, Mommy, Caison and little Caramia. You can see how much Caramia has grown.
6. Kingdom of God - How I’m looking forward to my new home with my heavenly father.
7. Knit - I’ve never been a real domestic person, but I did learn to knit and crochet. The only items I was able to conquer were afghans.
8, Kailua-Kona, Hawaii - This is where hubby’s oldest sister lives. Before living in Hawaii she lived in Alaska. Her sons and daughter still lives there. (see #10)
9. Kit and caboodle - This is a phrase I use a lot. I’m always saying I want/need the whole kit and caboodle.
10. Kodiak bear - Hubby has two nephews that has a Kodiak bear guide and photography business in Kodiak, Alaska. It’s called the Munsey Bear Camp. Many years ago the King of Nepal was on a guide with Mike’s father and the King ran off without paying his bill. Ssssh….don’t tell anyone this. True story.
11. Kite - It has been very windy here the past couple days with Tornado warnings. I guess it could be good conditions for flying a kite.
12. Kitten - I grew up with cats and had several as an adult. I dearly love kittens!!!! Should anything happens to our sweet CC ( our dog) I will probably get a kitten.
13. Knowledge - Do you ever wish you could be give a “do over” with your life? Having the knowledge I now have, I would love to be give the opportunity for a do over.