1. Ice cream - I dearly love vanilla ice cream topped with Hershey's syrup. Ice cream has no age restrictions.
2. Iced tea - This is my favorite daytime drink. I can't touch it after 4:00 p.m. because of the caffeine. I've tried the decaf tea, and trust me, it still has enough caffeine to keep me up all night.
3. Identical - My Mom was a twin but they were definitely not identical twins. My aunt Maysel weighed 3 pounds and Mom weighed 2 1/2 pounds at birth. They were born in 1912 so it's a miracle they survived.
4. Iodine - Do you remember when we used iodine to disinfect cuts? Oh had that burned. That's all we had 40 years ago.
5. Image - It amazes me when I hear someone has paid 6 figures for a potato chip that has the image of Elvis it.
6. Impatient - Oh boy, am I ever impatient!!! We live in a time that we all want things NOW!! That is illustrated by our dependency on cell phones and the Internet. When I start a project I want it done NOW....I just hate the waiting.
7. Impulse - I'm an impulse shopper for the big stuff like cars, but I'll worry myself to death about buying a T-shirt.
8. Insomnia - I suffer from this every night! How I would love to be able to go to bed and fall asleep without any medications
9. Independent - When I first got married over 40 years ago I was so dependent on my husband. We divorced after 18 years of marriage. It was then that I had to become independent and continue to be today. I'm the one that runs this house and makes all the important decisions.
10. Inhaler - I developed adult asthma a couple years ago which now requires me to use Advair everyday. I also have a quick action inhaler to use in emergencies. I'm happy to say I have not had to use this one every often. My grandmother on Mom's side had severe asthma that was passed down to me.
11. Intuition - I rely on my intuition a lot since it's most always right.
12. Iron - I use to iron the sheets. Yes I did! Now I don't anything until I'm ready to put it on. Most of my clothes are wash and wear and do not require ironing.
13. Italian - My first husband was a full blooded Italian, making my children 1/2 Italian. Those 18 years of marriage made me a pretty good Italian cook.
Read more Thursday Thirteen here.