Seven Random and/or Weird Things About Me:
I've been tagged by Gill for this meme. Here are the rules:
Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself.
Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
Let each person know that they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Here are my 7 Random And/Or Weird Facts About Me:
1. One of my first jobs as a little girl was selling trained butterflies. My girlfriend Sherry and I discovered if you rub a butterfly’s wings they could not fly for awhile. We convinced Sherry’s Dad into making us a butterfly cage that we used to display our very talented butterflies. We went house to house demonstrating our “trained butterflies” to our neighbors. And, yes, we sold many!!!
2. I once appeared on the ABC evening news discussing how foreign medical graduates were making a positive impact in solving the physician shortages in rural areas of
3. I was hit with a big wad of mucus. While vacationing, we stopped at a motel to spend the night. I was walking down to the ice machine when a man opened his door and hocked a big one on my arm. We both stood there staring at each other. I was so shocked I didn’t know whether to slug this guy, kick him in the groin, or scream. Finally he made the first move by apologizing and getting tissues to wipe away his hock.
4. I saw a ghost!!!! One Sunday morning in the late 1970’s I was having breakfast with my family. Suddenly I saw an image floating in the corner of the dining room. This image was many shades of gray and white. It was an elderly woman with long hair. I said, “I just saw Mrs. Jarrett by the window”. Then the phone rang. It was my Mom telling me Mrs. Jarrett just died. She was a friend and neighbor who lived across the street from Mom and Daddy. I believe with my entire sole, Mrs. Jarrett stopped by to tell me goodbye!!
5. I have IBS. It is the IBS with diarrhea. One day after having lunch with a friend I was driving back to the office when the sudden urge hit me. I knew I was not going to be able to make it another 8 blocks to my office. I jerked my car upon the sidewalk in front of a bar, told my friend to watch my car and ran into this dirty bar. After taking care of my business I was then faced with the long walk to the front door while the few men in this bar watched. How embarrassing!!6. My nickname is Vanetta. The story how I got this nickname is too long to publish here. I will do a post tomorrow on how I got this nickname.
This has been my 7 weird things about me. Don't know if you find them interesting, but I'm sure you found some of them weird. I'm not going to tag anyone, but if you would like to play, leave me a message and I'll come and visit. 7. I never learned to swim. While living in Gulfport, Mississippi there were three people who lived in our apartment complex who had taught swimming at some point in their life. When they discovered I couldn't swim the took it upon themselves to teach me. Each one of these individuals worked with me for months. Finally they came to a consensus that I can't swim.
7. I never learned to swim. While living in Gulfport, Mississippi there were three people who lived in our apartment complex who had taught swimming at some point in their life. When they discovered I couldn't swim the took it upon themselves to teach me. Each one of these individuals worked with me for months. Finally they came to a consensus that I can't swim.