Monday, October 8

When I was having my stress test a couple months ago, I met three ladies who told me about a weight management program that was recently established through my health insurance provider. These ladies were having a stress test in order to participate in the program. At the time of my stress test I had a lot of irons in the fire and calling about this program was not a priority.

Friday, I finally called to get more information. This program will provide a personal trainer, dietitian, and coaches who will develop a diet and exercise program specifically for me if I am approved for the program. Based on a brief telephone consultation I was told I would be approved, however I would have to complete an application and provide copies of certain medical and lab tests and a signed authorization from my physician. Since I've recently been through a battery of medical tests, I will not have to be poked or stabbed. I will be receiving my application kit sometime this week.

I was told my local YMCA has been approved as a training facility for my community and will begin participation on October 15, just in time for my approval. This YMCA is a new facility and has been open about a year. Ever since its grand opening I've been wanting to stop by and check out the new facility, but just haven't. You know how that is.

The cost for participating is very reasonable. It will be $45 a month for the first three months and $15 a month there after if I show results.

Keep your fingers crossed that I'll be approved.



4 comments:

Nonnas News said...

My fingers are crossed!! I'm sure you will get accepted. I need to go on a diet, but I havent had the will power to do it.

Talk..to..Grams said...

I hope you get accepted!! I know you will do good, too!!

It looks like your football team is doing really good!!
My Chiefs lost yesterday... Bummer... Love and Hugs, Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's great, I do hope you get that approval. Though I admire you for pulling this through. For me, it would be difficult. I'm a hungry monster. Luckily it doesn't show too much.... *giggles*

Thanks for the nice birthday wishes :-)

Theresa said...

good for you and I hope you are accepted because not only do we want you around for a long time, but I'm sure those little ones want to know their grandma!

I blogged about the life coach thing last thursday- since through my husbands company it is free.