Friday, August 17

Friday's Feast

Appetizer
Describe your laundry routine. Do you have a certain day when you do it all, or do you just wash whatever you need for the next day?

Since there is only two of us, I do my laundry once a week on Monday's. First I sort the darks from the lights, carry one load to the laundry room, put them into the washer, turn the washer on, select the correct settings, add detergent and fabric softener and close the lid. After about a half hour I put those clothes in the dryer and push the start button. When I hear the buzzer I remove the clothes and hang them up in the utility room until I move them to the closet. I only iron on an as need basis and that's right before I wear the garment.

Soup
In your opinion, what age will you be when you’ll consider yourself to truly be old?

I believe age is a state of mind. I use to think when I reached 40 I would be really old, but now 70 is looking young to me. I'm having my BIG 60 in 1 month, 2 weeks and 1 day and this one has been bothering me as did my 40th.

Salad
What is one of your goals? Is it short-term, long-term, or both?

To travel. When my husband and I got married we planned to do a lot of traveling when we retired. Since my husband is now unable to travel this will have to be a long-term goal. My children and I are planning a trip to the Outer Banks next summer.


Main Course
Name something unbelievable you’ve seen or read lately.

Last night we had tremendous thunder storms for over 3 hours with very little rain. It is unbelievable that we could experience that much activity without rain.

Dessert
On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how happy are you today?

0!!!!! I'm having a CAT scan this afternoon. Any type of medical procedure makes me very unhappy.






7 comments:

Renee said...

Great feast! Hope your cat scan goes smoothly! Have a wonderful weekend. How's your dtr doing?

Anonymous said...

loved your soup answer. Have a great Friday.

Gattina said...

Your appetizer could be used as user manual for men, lol ! and don't worry about a 60th birthday I never felt better in my whole life ! And I joined the 60th 4 years ago !

Talk..to..Grams said...

Great Feast! I will be 69 next week so I am thinking,70 next year
when did this happen!!

Let us know how the cat scan went.

Love and Blessings this weekend!

Mary said...

I hope the CAT scan goes well.

Any plans for the big birthday?

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

I hope that there is nothing wrong!! 60 is nothing!! It did not hurt me..I am 62 and still going strong..My answer was very much like yours!! I dont know where OLD starts!! smile. Have a great night and again I hope all is okay with you linda..
Blessings, Sandy

Renee said...

Hi Linda,

Just popping in to say hello. Thanks for your kind words about the laundry and for visiting my blog. Glad to hear your dtr is doing better. Will continue to keep her in my thoughts and prayers. Hope your cat scan went okay. Take care.