Wednesday, February 28

First Place Diet

I can't believe today is the last day of February. This month has flown by for me. I want to record my progress with the First Place Diet.

Have I lost any weight? I lost a couple pounds early in the month, then my husband brought Hershey candy bars into the house. That is my weakness.

What the diet is doing for me is making me more mindful of what I am eating and why. I learned I was eating out of boredum. Now when I feel hungry I drink a glass of water or have a piece of fruit. I've also incorporated the following:

1. I'm using a smaller plate. The visual has been helping me.

2. I'm eating more fresh fruit and vegetables. When I fix my plate, over 1/2 is filled with vegetables.

3. I'm adding a salad to every evening meal.

4. I'm not skipping meals. I will have a piece of fruit when I'm in a hurry and don't have the time for lunch.

5. After the candy bars were gone, I began eliminating most sugar from my diet. Boy this is hard because I love sweets, bread, pasta, and potatoes.

What I will be doing from here on is exercise. I started out exercising, but soon dropped out. I know increasing my activity will help the pounds come off and will give me more energy.

I'm hoping by end of March I'll be able to say I've dropped 6 - 8 pounds.

No comments: