Monday, January 1

Happy New Year

This is the time of the year we all position ourselves for disappointments and failures by setting unrealistic resolutions for the New Year. How many times have we said, “I’m going to the lose 20 lbs by spring”; “I’m going to quit smoking”; “I’m going to write a novel this year”; “I’m going to start a new business this year”; “I’m going to spend more time with my family”. The list goes on and on.

Why do we fail? I believe when we set our resolutions we honestly believe we have the determination to accomplish our goals. We say we will eat healthier and exercise more in order to lose the weight. We will start using a patch and modify our routine in order to stop smoking. We will spend X number of hours each day to writing the novel. We will devote X number of hours on research for starting a business. When we fall short of our own expectations or slide we give up.

Hey, let’s get real. It’s WORK, real WORK to accomplish any goal. As Thomas Edison said, “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up”. So this year, no matter how many times I feel like giving up, I’m going to refocus and give it another try.

My internet resolutions are:

1. Learn html. A Christmas gift from my son is a book called “Teach Yourself Visually…The Fast and Easy Way to Learn HTML”. One thing I have learned with this blog, I do need to learn some basic html in order to have this site appear like I envision.

2. Write an e-book. The book is about what health care administrators look for in a physician. The book will also address concerns for physicians who have obligations with the National Health Service Corps or J-1 Visa Waiver Programs.

3. Develop a web page.

My personal resolutions are still under construction.

No comments: